About Scott P. Smith - President
|Scott Smith began his career in construction as a carpenter and has experience in various trades including concrete work, masonry, rough carpentry and cabinetmaking. Since graduating from Brigham Young University in Construction Management he has held positions in estimating and project management. For the past sixteen years Scott has been Chief Estimator and/or a Project Manager at companies in Utah and Connecticut.
Scott’s experience includes Commercial and Medical Office Space, Retail Space, Restaurants, Hospitals, Schools, Sports Facilities, Correctional Facilities, Manufacturing Facilities and Municipal Water and Wastewater Facilities. His skills include conceptual estimating, writing bid packages, analyzing proposals, negotiating subcontracts, reviewing and submitting material approval packages, monitoring construction costs, preparing and maintaining construction schedules, and working with architects, engineers, and owners during pre-construction and construction to achieve cost savings and expedite schedules.
- BS Degree - Construction Management – Brigham Young University
- Associate Degree - Architectural Drafting – Brigham Young University
- Associate Degree – Portuguese – Brigham Young University
3 years – President, Integrated Construction Services, Inc.
6 years - Manager Pre-construction Services at Sahara, Inc.
7 years - Chief Estimator/Estimator in Utah and Connecticut
7 years - Project Manager in Utah and Connecticut
9 years – Carpenter, Concrete Finisher, Mason, Cabinetmaker
- Residential Estates in Davis, Salt Lake, and Summit Counties, $500,000 - $5,000,000
- Mountain View Community Hospital, Idaho Falls, Idaho. $21,083,000.
- Miller Park Baseball/Softball Stadium, Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah. $7,500,000.
- Blue Mountain Medical Center, Blanding, Utah. $4,998,000.
- Washington County Public Safety Facility, Purgatory Flats, Hurricane, Utah. $11,570,000.
- Jordan Commons $100,000,000 a mixed-use project which includes office buildings, parking structures, retail, restaurant and theater facilities, Sandy, Utah.
- Union Pacific Railroad Employees Health Systems Office Building, Clearfield, Utah. $2,818,000.
- Salt Lake Community College, Entrepreneurship Training Center, Sandy, Utah. Various Buildings, Total $20,000,000.
- Tim Dahle Nissan, Auto Dealership, Showroom and Service Facility, Sandy, Utah. $2,579,000.
- Montana State Prison, Deer Lodge, Montana. $26,757,000.
- Surgery Center, Medical Office Building with Surgery Center. Davis County. $10,316,000.
- Residential Estate, Bountiful City, Utah, $3,500,000; 12,000 sq. ft
- Residential Estate, Park City, Utah, $5,500,000; 16,000 sq. ft
- Residential Estate, Salt Lake City, Utah, $5,000,000; 12,500 sq. ft
- Residential Estate, Cornwall, Connecticut, $8,000,000; 24,000 sq. ft
- Nampa Retail Stores, Nampa, Idaho. $814,000; 16,800 sq. ft. retail stores. Project completed in three months.
- Chevy’s Fresh Mex Restaurant, Sandy, Utah. $980,000; 8,000 sq. ft. restaurant. Project completed in four months.
- Dale White Motors, Elko, Nevada. $2,889,000; 29,980 sq. ft. Automobile dealership and service facility.
- Chevy’s Fresh Mex Restaurant, Orem, Utah. $1,013,000; 8,700 sq. ft. Restaurant.
- Metropolitan Restaurant. Project completed on design/build basis.
- Renovation of Log Haven Restaurant. Completed in four months on fast-track basis.
- Manufacturing Facility, $800,000; 27,000 sq. ft. addition to an existing facility. Completed project in four months at approximately 4% under budget.
- Office/Warehouse Renovation, $800,000, Worked with owner and architect during design phase to reduce costs by 25%
- Rocket Motor Manufacturing Facility, Hercules Aerospace Co., $150,000,000, Purchased all construction materials, equipment, and subcontracts for plant expansion.